Back to school!!!

November 9, 2008

We'll miss you Uncle Cordell

November 3, 2008
Today was my uncle Cordell's funeral in Freedom. Cordell passed away October 29, 2008 suddenly. The funeral turned out very well. His kids did such a great job. However; it did bring back too many sad memories. As I watched my cousins and my aunt cope with their loss, I relived losing my dad. It was hard to see them in so much pain, because I knew exactly how they felt. It's not easy. A few of my cousins kept asking me, "Does it ever get any easier?" I told them it does, but the pain never goes away and you wouldn't want it to. If the pain goes away, to me that means I am forgetting him. I will always remember my dad. I will always remember my uncle Cordell and everything he has done for me and my family. He and my aunt Annette were right there by our sides through my dad's funeral. They were with us every step of the way and I will never forget that. I don't know if we could have made it through without these people. So thank you! We love you Annette, Curtis, Kelly, Karen, Kim, Kyle and Kade. We will miss you uncle Cordell. All our love.

HENRY CORDELL LUTHI AUGUST 27, 1940 - OCTOBER 29, 2008


This picture is sort of ironic to me. This picture is of my dad and my uncle Cordell. This is the last picture taken of my dad before he died. I have always kept this picture in my nightstand drawer and have been known to use it as a bookmark. This picture now takes on a whole new meaning to me.


Cristi and I decorated dad's grave for the fall. We've never been able to do that before. It is a long drive to Freedom and we don't seem to get there often enough. Miss you dad!

1 comment:

P3 said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle.
you are so sweet! I know your dad thinks of you often and is so proud of you!