Back to school!!!

January 7, 2009

LET IT SNOW!!!

Monday December 22, 2008
Today we woke up to a bunch of snow. The kids are out of school for Christmas break, but I had to work. We all loaded up in the car and headed to Blackfoot, slowly.... It took about 45 minutes to get there when it usually takes 20 minutes, but we made it. About 1:00 I went to lunch. I noticed the weather and roads were getting pretty bad so I called Michelle who lives in Shelley too and she said I better head home or I may not make it. While I was still on the phone with her I got out of my car and walked around the other side to get my things out and OH NO!!! I locked my keys in the car. I went back into work and they told me to head home because they were closing the office. Obviously I couldn't leave. I called Matt and he said he could be down in about an hour with my spare set of keys. So I waited. In the meantime, Grandma and Grandpa went to pick up the girls from daycare. The snow was so bad there that a car was stuck in the driveway and blocking the entrance. The driveway is about a block long and grandma and grandpa had to stomp through the snow and get the girls and then carry them back through the snow to the truck. What a fun day :)! We finally made it home, but here are a few pictures of our sidewalk after Matt got done snowblowing.






The girls climbed up on the kitchen table and had so much fun watching Matt snowblow the driveway. He had them screaming when he would throw the snow up onto the window. They thought it was great!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is a lot of snow! We haven't had any snow this year but it has been raining and is wet, cold and miserable outside.