Back to school!!!

December 21, 2012

Lunch with Brooklyn!

Today I went to lunch with Brooklyn!  Which is a HUGE deal because my kids are only lucky enough to have me show up for lunch maybe twice a year.  I know, I know I should be better and go more often but for some reason I don't.  Although, after today I will make a genuine effort to go to lunch with my girls more often.

This man is Mr. Lemons, the principal and this is what goes on in the lunchroom. What a fun guy!!!

SKYLAR
Now when we were done eating lunch most kids beg their parents to come out on the playground and play with them.  Not my Brooklyn.  Today she begged me to come with her and meet Skylar.  Skylar is a special needs boy that she spends her recess time playing with.  She tells me about Skylar everyday and the fun things they play with him, but hearing about it and seeing it are entirely two different things.  Talk about a proud mother am I!!!  My sweet Brooklyn blows bubbles, plays ball, throws the beanbags, crawls around the floor, learned his language (ba = ball, bubu = bubbles, etc...) and even wipes his face to make Skylar's life a little more enjoyable. I had the best time watching her interact with this precious boy.  To see his face light up when Brooklyn and her friend, Tenlee, walked through the door was more than amazing.  He really loves having them spend time with him.
Brooklyn, Skylar, & Tenlee

Brooklyn tossing beanbags with Skylar
Brooklyn you are an amazing girl who posses such a sweet spirit.  Thank you for thinking of others and for helping to make Skylar's life a little happier.  Thanks for being his friend and for wanting to help him. Thank you for being the girl that you are.  Mom and dad are very proud of you!  We love you more than you will ever know!!!

No comments: